How are Ductless Mini Splits Different?
Ductless mini splits are an excellent fit for the type of climate we have here in Dahlonega. However, many homeowners aren’t familiar with this type of system. There are plenty of reasons to consider a ductless mini split installation in the Dahlonega area, but first let’s explore the differences between a ductless mini split system and a conventional HVAC system.
In a standard air conditioning system, the indoor unit is typically located in your attic or in a closet. Ducts push and pull air to this central location, cooling and delivering it to rooms in your home through the vent system. Older homes may not have the space for installing new or additional ductwork that a traditional air conditioner needs. Plus, installing new ductwork can involve cutting through ceilings, walls and floors, making it an expensive and lengthy job.
With a mini split system, you have individual indoor units located in each room or “zone.” Instead of pushing and pulling air to a central indoor unit, each room will handle its own cooling needs through an individual fan and evaporator unit. The fan and evaporator unit is connected to an outdoor compressor unit via refrigerant lines. The air is cooled on its way to the compressor and then returned to the indoor unit that circulates it in the room.
No ducts are needed for ductless mini-split systems to work. The refrigerant lines are easier to install than new ducts. They only need holes that are approximately 3 inches in diameter and have no structural impact on your home. Multiple mini splits can be connected to a single condenser. You can cool several rooms without paying for multiple systems. The mini splits can be adjusted independently of one another, so you can change the temperature in each room or zone.
100% NATE® Certified.
Because quality Matters.
Benefits of Mini Split Systems IN Dahlonega
Ductless air conditioning systems are becoming more common in single-family homes. While the units themselves typically cost a bit more than ducted AC components, that cost is offset by an absence of having to install ductwork and higher energy efficiency during operation. Here are a few main reasons builders and homeowners choose to install ductless mini-split air conditioners in Dahlonega:
- No ductwork required: With a mini split system, you can add air conditioning to your home without ductwork in place. This allows you to install them in new additions to your home, in a garage or in a workshop.
- Affordability: Choosing a mini split system is more affordable if you’re retrofitting your home or building from the ground up without ductwork. It also takes less time to install a ductless mini split system.
- Heating capabilities: almost all mini splits now have heat pumps that allows your mini split to both heat and cool your room.
- Versatility: Mini split systems can be installed in a variety of orientations based on your home’s configuration. Floor-mount, ceiling-recessed and horizontal-ducted configurations are common.
- Less costly installation: Ductless air conditioning systems are easier to install than standard A/C units and weigh less lowering the overall cost of installation.
- Energy efficiency: Ductless systems don’t lose hot or cold air due to duct leakage. Most mini split systems are approximately 20 to 30 percent more efficient than ducted systems.
- Multi-purpose: Mini splits also offer dehumidifying and air purifying benefits.
Installment vs. Revolving Credit
Credit issued by our lending partner LendingPoint®.Applying will not affect your credit score. Payments and interest are estimates based on averages.
Climatrol Air® is Dahlonega’s
Elite Rheem AC Repair Company
Rheem Pro Partners® are considered the elite of the elite authorized dealers under the Rheem® company name. This small group of NATE Certified members consists of highly trained HVAC professionals who are licensed, professional and courteous. To become a Rheem Pro Partner, your company must demonstrate a proven track record of providing exceptional service and workmanship.